JOB TITLE: Education and Community Engagement Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Brand, Strategy and Business Development
SKILLS: Microsoft Office fluency particularly Word, SWAY, Sharepoint, Planner, PowerPoint, and Excel. Detail orientation. Data entry skills.
JOB SUMMARY: The Education and Community Engagement Associate/Manager is responsible for the execution and ongoing measurement of the POPS’ education and community engagement activities in conjunction with the Vice President. The Education and Community Engagement Associate/Manager will serve as a member of the event support team for concerts and fundraising events, acting as House Manager for Above the Line activities for the Subscription Series. All responsibilities are expected to be achieved in line with the organization’s needs and goals and with the highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains the Community Engagement and Education Calendar of activities and organizaing the execution of the plan for each.
• Maintains the Education and Community Engagement budgets; interfacing with the Vice Presidents to align actuals through the year.
• Prepares Board of Director Meeting materials regarding community engagement and education activities.
• Collaborates with Communications and Fundraising to create POPS in Schools content for social media and for grants.
• Create and maintains documents and printed pieces for the appropriate Education activities and the annual POPS in Schools brochure.
• Executes a series of Education and Engagement activities, including lesson plans that are in alignment with School District of Philadelphia and Pennsylvania State standards for academics.
• Manages all educational and community engagement events and activities, including POPS in Schools and POPS Outside.
• Maintains detailed files and institute comprehensive evaluation metrics for relevant programs.
• Serves as Front-of-House Manager for the Subscription Series performances and select educational activities at The Met Philadelphia, including but not limited to the implementation of and all logistics surrounding a Pre-Concert Conversation Series for Subscribers, booking and servicing the contracts of all pre-concert entertainment, and managing lobby volunteers and the donor table.
• Administration of any post-concert activities such as the selling of guest artist merchandise, meet-and-greets with guest artists, and any other special event as required or assigned.
Such other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Minimum of BA or BS in related field a plus. Fluency in Spanish is preferred. Must have one to three years of experience in a related field. Excellent Microsoft Office skills; knowledge of and experience with Tessitura (database) is a plus. Facility with communication, written and verbal.