Thank you for considering employment with The Philly POPS. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to our mission, please e-mail your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Philly POPS actively seeks a diverse pool of highly motivated and qualified applicants to join our growing team.
President & Chief Executive Officer
Encore Series, Inc., d/b/a The Philly Pops, a Philadelphia based non-profit, is looking for an experienced controller to be an integral part of the senior staff and to help lead the internal accounting efforts. The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Controller supports the senior management team in making financial management decisions, including annual strategy, operating plans, reports, and special requests, providing commentary and explanation where required. Along with being a key member of the organization’s leadership team, the Controller will be very hands on in financial transactions and help perform daily transactional work, detailed tasks and coordinate all financial activities. The Controller is responsible for direct interaction and communication with the department heads to ensure ongoing justification of expenses.
• Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Manage outsourced functions
• Manages the communication and systems by which the departments are kept current on financial matters
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
• Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
• Manages HR functions to include offer letters, benefit packages, on-boarding documentation and procedures and maintenance of personnel files for the fifteen person POPS staff.
• Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
• Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
• Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
• Process payroll in a timely manner
• Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
• Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions Reporting
• Issue timely and complete financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts, working with the Chief Operating Officer to manage the budget process, overall budget compliance and reprojection protocols as they become necessary for both revenue and expenses.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
• Provide for a system of management cost reports
• Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
• Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration and at least seven years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector. Currency with ongoing advances in applicable software and previous experience with forward-facing digital systems for financial monitoring and approval processes are a plus. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include company sponsored health insurance, paid holidays, paid vacations, paid comp days as scheduled, and eligibility to participate in company’s 401 K retirement program. All those interested should submit a cover letter, resume and requirements to email@example.com